Thursday, January 20, 2011

My obsessions

There should seriously be a makeup junkie support group for people like me. I am not even joking. I LOVE makeup, almost as much as I love my husband or my job.

Just a little background on my makeup experience - I did not start wearing makeup until I was 15 .. ish. My mom took me to the mall one day and had my makeup done by one of the ladies at the Clinique counter. That was the day that I fell in love with eyeliner. If you know me, you know that I loves the liner. Especially the winged 'cat eye' liner. And it's interesting for me to look back and see how different aspects of my makeup has evolved. Other than the eyeliner, I wore some mascara and maybe some bronzer (another obsession). The day my makeup life really changed was when I starting working at Visage. There were so many products and so many fun things you could do with the makeup that I never really thought about. This really spiked my interest and my passion for skin care and makeup really evolved.

Skin care products I'm obsessed with:
Treatment products :
CosMedix Define
This product is a Vitamin A Resurfacing Treatment. I use it at night to keep my skin clear and prevent wrinkles. It smells like lemon and is lightly hydrating. This stuff has made such a change in my skin texture and tone!
Biomedic Conditioning Solution
This is the toner I use after I cleanse. It's AMAZING! It has salicylic and glycolic. It keeps my pores clear and helps to control oiliness.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
I use this everyday, once a day after I cleanse. It makes my skin SUPER soft and glowy.

Makeup brushes I'm obsessed with:
Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face Brush - I use this for my foundation as well as bronzer and sometimes blush
Glominerals Dual Liner and Brow Brush - My favorite brush for my brow powder and heavy liner
MAC 217 Brush : This is a great blending brush for concealer
Jane Iredale Dome Brush : Favorite brush for liquid foundation. It takes less time to apply and blends awesome
Glominerals Crease Brush : Great to apply crease shadows or smokey eyes

Makeup I'm obsessed with:
Foundation : Jane Iredale PurePressed and Liquid, Glominerals Liquid
Blush : Smashbox Soft Light Prism, Bare Escentuals Sorbet, Bare Escentuals Morning
Eyeliner: Stila Smudge Pot Black, Smashbox Pencil Liner
Brow Powder : Glominerals Brow Powder Duo Brown
Concealer : MAC Studio Fix Concealer (really heavy), Jane Iredale Active Light, Jane Iredale Disappear
Lipgloss : Bare Escentuals 7 Layer Cake, Buxom Katie, MAC Dazzlegloss
Lid Primer : MAC Paint Pots!
Face Primer : Colorescience Wild to Mild
Lashes : Jane Iredale Lash Extend, Bare Escentuals Volumizing Mascara, Jane Iredale Thickening and Lengthening Mascara Black Ice, Sephora Lash Pump

Obviously I didn't want to overwhelm my list of favorite products, so I just named a few of my top favs.

Makeup makes me feel better. It's like my 'up' drug. There is nothing that can't fix a bad day like a new lipgloss in my opinion. Yeah, I don't understand why some girls don't wear makeup, but I'm sure they're thinking "Why does she wear so much makeup?" I respect the natural girl but it's possible to look 'natural' and still be wearing makeup.

I wanted to go through my makeup drawer and take an inventory of all the stuff I have but I'm too lazy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am writing to inquire about any homepage link opportunities you may have available or perhaps a link exchange. Please let me know if this may be of interest to you!

    Thanks,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete